Monday, January 6, 2014

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!

Hola mi familia! Feliz ano nuevo!!

New Year's here in the mission was kind of lame to be perfectly honest. All of our appointments juked us and we were kind of fed up by the end of the day, so at 8 we went to Dunkin Donuts, got some hot chocolate and muffins and doughnuts, and then headed down to boulevard east and sat down and looked at the view, ate  and talked for about 30 min until we had to head home... because we still had to be in casa a las 9. The ward party didn't start until 10 pm, so we didn't get to go... because let's be honest, they're Hispanics so of course the party went on all night. Hispanics never stop partying. I love it. I was sad we had to miss it. 

The rest of the week was pretty normal. Teaching, finding, then more teaching. We found a really awesome Lady. We have this inactive member that we see often, who is really neat and she is from Cuba. She's like 83 and she has a really INCREDIBLE story... (I'll save that for later, I'm sending her story in a letter to my sisters... there is never enough time in emails for all of these cool stories I've learned) anyways. We showed up at her house and her cousin was over... So then we felt prompted to teach the plan of salvation, and this inactive member doesn't know ANYTHING about the gospel... she is really like teaching an investigator.... So as we were teaching the plan of salvation she asked all of the right questions... it was amazing. We could tell her cousin REALLY felt the spirit as she sat in on the lesson and listened from the other end of the table... as the lesson went on she just kept scooting closer and closer... then we taught her how to pray. Yep.. we got a new investigator that night. We're going to keep meeting with her.. then we went over to the same members house a different day and she gave us a referral of her sister... basically this inactive member is a GOLD MINE!! and we are helping her do her family history too. So cool. A lot of neat miracles are coming for this area.... 

BUT... I'm leaving. Yep, I'm getting transferred. Training calls usually go out on Thursday nights and the trainer meeting is usually on Friday. So we were waiting on Thursday, we had the phone on loud and we were getting so anxious and antsy, but no one called... SO what do we do? We have to do a little bit of transfer gossip.. so we go to our source, Sister Schwendiman, who is friends with the people in the mission office... She said she hadn't heard of ANYONE getting training calls yet... hmmm. So, they didn't do training calls on Thursday because the weather wouldn't permit them to have the training meeting that Friday... So we were thinking maybe Friday night training calls would go out... But the same thing happened. So then Finally Saturday night came... we were a wreck by then. Were planning on Saturday night, then we get finished... more time passes its 9:40... we figure either the calls aren't going out again, or that we are safe because president usually goes in order of zone and we are zone one... so we are feeling a little bit relieved, Sister Orton is in the bathroom getting ready for bed and I'm just sitting on the couch writing in my journal, then we hear it... THE PHONE. ahhhh! I look down and there it is 0.0 President Jeppson. "SISTER ORTON GET IN HERE PRESIDENT IS CALLING!! Hello, this is Sister Clark" "Hello Sister Clark this is President Jeppson, how is your knee doing" then he goes on and on and on and we talk and talk and talk... Sister Orton thinks she is safe so she just kind of lets out a sigh of relief and I'm thinking... oh shoot I'm training... then he says "Sister Clark may I please speak with Sister Orton?" "YES, President, YES YOU MAY!!!" hehehehe Sister Orton is training and I am safe!! woooooooo. I'm glad. I don't feel ready to train yet. I would be a nervous wreck right now if I was training... I think I might train next transfer though. Hopefully I'll be ready. 

So Sister Orton is training in West New York and I am getting transferred tomorrow. I have no idea where I'm going, it is such a weird feeling. I have to say my goodbyes and pack up all of my stuff tonight. I'm excited though! I get to see other areas of the mission and meet and find new people. It's going to be awesome. We are thinking I might go to either Patterson or Dover... I don't really know what other areas are opening up. Y'all will just have to wait until next week to find out. CLIFFHANGER!!

Well, I love you and hope you have a spectacular week... Pray that I get a good area and a good companion!!

-Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment