Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Beginning!

So, I know you are all probably waiting to hear where I am, so here it goes!! I am in Perth Amboy with Sister Wienstock!! Woooo, it is a neat area and I am driving now so that will take a lot of getting used too!! It is a neat area though and I am loving it! We have a small little branch here that has some really neat people. We have A LOT of investigators here and we have been teaching them a lot this week, which has been really good. There are a few who are really close to baptism, which is exciting.
 
Our church building is so interesting... It isn't actually a church building, it is just a random building that the church bought and turned into a church building. It is really small and has a pretty nice inside. It is two story and carpeted and nice just like a regular church building its just weird... and there are bars on the windows, which is pretty hilarious. It totally cracks me up.
 
It will be so much fun to work in a branch rather than a ward. The members here are so strong and awesome, I have loved everyone that I have met so far and they have been very welcoming. Everyone is so excited that I am coming from West New York. Everyone here knows at least 1 person from that ward because it is so big and because WNY has so many Hispanics, everyone in this branch has some kind of connection there, which as been so fun for me.. It is also interesting because in May through June the sisters who were serving there in West New York were Sisters Simpson, Summers and Solomon. The next place that Sister Solomon went after WNY was here to Perth Amboy, so that is a fun connection to make. Everyone thinks that maybe I might be following in the footsteps of Sister Solomon, which would be AWESOME!! She trained here in Perth Amboy, then she went down to, I think, Lake Town because she was called as a sister training leader... So if I follow in her footsteps I will train here in PA next transfer, then be a sister training leader... Wow those are some pretty big shoes to fill, I can't complain - she is an incredible missionary..
 
Well, that is about all I have to report on this week... I don't have any photos here yet either.. whooops, hopefully next week!!
 
Love you all!!
 
-Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment