Monday, January 27, 2014

Snow, snow and more snow!

Buenas dias!

Uggghhhh we got so much snow here this week. On Tuesday we were supposed to have our district meetings at 11:30, but it started snowing around 10:00 so they had us park our cars and they ended up having to stay parked ALL DAY because the snow was so bad. It snowed so much. We had to cancel all of our appointments because they were just too far for us to walk. We had to brainstorm of all of the people who lived close by that we could tough out the weather for. We ended up going to see Sharon, one of the girls in the Relief Society presidency... Its so weird, I just recently learned that she's only like 20, so were the same age.
We had our district meetings on Wednesday and then after we went out and did our visiting teaching. Sister Smith (the really old one) is our companion so we took them with us. We went and found this really neat inactive lady. She has been inactive for around 20 years. She is from Uruguay so she has a really thick accent so it's kind of hard to understand sometimes, but she really, really loved having us come over to visit her. She is really sick and she has cancer and depression and cataracts. She isn't even super old either. It was a really good appointment and the Smiths get so excited when we ask them to go teach with us, its adorable. The sister that we went to go visit made us this really, really good pineapple cake... it was heavenly. I just wanted to eat the whole cake hahaha.
Line of the week:
The Smiths were driving us home from this appointment and some how they got on the subject of people that they dated in high school.
Sister Smith: "You know, there is one boy in high school that I wouldn't mind running into again.... if I were a widow of course."
Elder Smith: (gives her a look) "Oh really.... well, all of the girls that I dated in high school are dead."
 
ahahahahahahahahahaha I am never going to get over his dying jokes... We couldn't even hold in our laughter. They are so funny.
I have gotten to know our investigators really well this week. There is this one woman that we visited on Friday night. She is from the DR and her sisters are members. We went to go teach her and she had read all of the folletos that we gave her and her other reading assignments and she just had so many good questions for us. She had this desire to know that I had never seen before. Her intent of learning the truth was so so so neat. She was on the edge of her seat the whole time we were there and when she would read, she would read the verse two or three times to really understand it. We asked her to prepare for baptism in about a month and she said yes. She prayed about it after our lesson and it was so sincere. We all took a moment to wait after the prayer and we could just feel the spirit testifying to her that this was Gods will. It was such a neat thing to see. She came to church on Sunday and had a really good experience. I am so happy for her and I want her to be baptized so bad. I am praying really really hard for her.

We have this other guy who is from Puerto Rico but he speaks English with us. He is such a cool guy. He's one of those guys that you just know has to be baptized its just a matter of when. He's been coming to church every week for about 5 months and he is practically part of the branch already. He loves church. With some people though, baptism is just a really hard thing, I'm not really sure why. We met with him and talked with him a long time about it though and he let us know some of his real concerns. I'm so glad that he finally did that because now we know how to help him. He is a really neat guy and the spirit testified to me that he has a really amazing potential in this church. I'm excited to keep teaching him and see where he goes.

On Friday we had a 6 lesson day. It was so awesome! We usually struggle to get a 3 lesson day, but that's what our average is. About 3 lessons a day and the mission standard is 20 lessons a week. We had 2 0 lesson days because there was two snow days and we still managed to get 19 lessons! it was so great. I love teaching! We also found two really neat people. Hopefully we can get teaching them soon.

It was a pretty good week. Missions are hard, but when you see the spirit testify to people and change people, it makes everything so worth it. Its the best feeling in the world.
I hope you all have a good week. I love you and miss you!

-Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment