Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

Hola familia!

Feliz Navidad! I hope Christmas was good for everyone, it sounds like it was fun. I loved getting to talk on Skype, that was for sure the highlight for me. Everyone looks happy! I had a fantastic week. It wasn't that great number wise for the work because it is hard to see people on major holidays, but it was really fun for us. 
 
My sisters took this photo of us Skyping.

We spent Christmas Eve with the Sanchez family. Hna Sanchez is from Mexico but her husband is Ecuadorian but born and raised in the U.S. so they are pretty Americanized. They made some yummy lasagna. Can't complain! She made a really yummy drink called punche though... ooooh it was so good. We also watched "It's a Wonderful Life"... Not completely sure if that's allowed,but when we asked our district leader he said "when in Rome..." hahaha. It was a fun night. It was fun sharing the message about Christ and his birth and sharing the commit to always remember him. 
 
 
I got lots of big fun Christmas packages at the Mission Conference. Muchas gracias!

Christmas we had district meetings. We all took one present to open with the district and Sister Rogers made some yummy chocolate muffins. After district meetings we had a zone activity. We had a white elephant party. I took a do-rag that we found in the apartment, it was a hit. After we just had some snacks and had fun chatting together. I am in a zone of some FUN missionaries. The Koreans were excited to give out gangam style socks. It was hilarious. We all made Elder Kang do the gangam style dance. It is hilarious how perfectly he does it. I have a video of it. We had lots of fun. After, we got to go to the Cedillo's home to Skype. We were so grateful for their kindness. Their family has done so much for us this year. They will be hitting their year anniversary of their baptism in January, I'm excited! We gave Hno Cedillo the book Jesus the Christ in Spanish. He LOVED it. He read it all night while we were Skyping. We were very excited to give it to him. They soak up the gospel like sponges. 
 
My district! Sister Rogers, Sister Shearer, Elder Nuckolls, Elder Cuevas, Sister Orton, and me. I Love Them!

 
I got a package from the Hardys. THANKS!!
Our Ward hooked us up for Christmas. West New York is the BEST!
 
Present from my bestest friend, McKaela...errr I mean Hermana Guymon.

Our "fireplacde" on Christmas Eve.
Thursday, we got to go to the Manhattan temple. That was such a fun experience. It was fun to finally get to go to NYC after looking at it for 4 months. NYC is so cool! I can't wait to go back and do tourist kind of stuff and shop around. We were there from 9am to 6pm though, so it was a pretty huge chunk of the day. We got some hot dogs and gyros from the street vendors right out side of the temple. We had a rule that we couldn't go into any of the stores, but we could buy food from the street vendors. 
 
I finally made it to NYC!! After looking at it from across the Hudson for 4 months. So much fun!
 
THERE IT IS! Such a neat temple.
 We walked all the way through New York to get there and we walked through central park, too. It was a fun trip with the BEST finish line.
We got Hot Dogs and Gyros from the stands outside the temple. Very Yummy.
 
I always see these two buildings. It was neat to be right outside. Very pretty.
 
Broadway!! And the Korean. (He's one of the Korean Elders.)



EW...apparently a huge deal in NYC right now. We proudly represented Christ with our nametags and our Books of Mormon.
 
So cool!
 
Time Square is so huge. So much fun! I loved ever second of being in NYC. I can't wait to go back!
Well, other than that, the work just went on this week. We did what we could, but it was hard. We had a lot of set lessons going into the week, but a lot of them ended up juking us. And our investigator who was on date for the 5th said that now he wants to finish the Book of Mormon before he gets baptized. Hes being stubborn, he knows the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true, hell get baptized soon, he reads every night and he's in the middle of Alma, but I'm just frustrated that I won't see it. Oh, well, I'll always count him as mine in my heart. 

Love you all, thanks for all of the Christmas wishes!! Happy New Year!! Talk to you next week... oooh and Next week I'll get to tell you if I'm getting transferred! or even more terrifying... If I'm training. woohoo. 

bye!
-Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment