Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Navidad

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!! Feliz Navidad!!
 
Can you all believe that it is Christmas already!! Wow, time FLIES!!! I am having the time of my life here in New Jersey. Christmas is absolutely wonderful when you are in the service of the Lord. It is a huge blessing and an honor to wear his name.
 
I am running short on time, but I have a few experiences that I would like to share with you all.
 
First, Friday, we had the all mission Christmas conferences. I'm sure as you all know by now, being with all the missionaries is one of my favorite things in the world. I have a testimony of missionary work. I LOVE MISSIONARIES. We had a special fireside by Alex Boye. If you don't know who that is, go look him up on Mormon.org. He might even be on the front page. But he is from London, and he has an incredible story and an incredible singing voice. He sings with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, you may have noticed him, he might be the only black man in the choir. Not sure. But he also has some CDs out, which of course, all of the missionaries own his CDs, so he is basically the biggest celebrity we could possibly meet. He also happens to be the Son in Law of President Jeppson, which is why we were lucky enough to have him come to our mission. The New Jersey Morristown Mission is the best mission out there, I'm pretty sure. :) It was a very good meeting, I was very inspired by the messages and the music that were shared. At the end of the meeting, all of the Christmas packages for the missionaries were distributed. We were talking to Sister Woodruff and she said there was 526 packages and hundreds of letters delivered to the mission home this month. AYE CARRUMBA. That's a lot of mail, folks. I got 3 packages. Thank you so much family. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to open them on Christmas day.
 
The funny story for this week: We drove to mission conference with Sister Shearer and Sister Rogers. They had an exchange that day, so Sister Rogers brought Sister Houser home for the day. Sister Houser was driving and she has never been in our area, around the Hudson. Missionaries who work around here know that you have to be VERY careful when driving in this area because it is easy to accidentally get onto the road for the Lincoln Tunnel or the Washington Bridge, which lead into Manhattan. Well, the GPS was off a couple of hundred yards, and we weren't being extra careful, so we ended up missing the exit into West New York, which happens to be the last exit before the Lincoln tunnel.... SO we were stuck on the road, heading for the Lincoln Tunnel, with no way of turning back... We all had mini heart attacks and we said a little prayer and then called some of the senior couples to see if they could give us directions for how to get back through the Lincoln Tunnel once we arrived in Manhattan. It was so crazy! BUT SO FUN!! I have never been to Manhattan before. It is so beautiful. The road was crazy though and it was insane trying to get back to New Jersey with none of us having any clue how to maneuver the Manhattan streets and the GPS taking us strange places, but we ended up back into New Jersey safely... it was only about a 1 hour detour. hahaha so fun.
 
Also, we caught 2 more mice. yay!!
 
Ok, I have so many pictures, but once again, we are over on email time.... so hopefully next week!! GAAHHHH sorry! I really want to do better with my email time. hahaha.
 
Well, Love you all. Have a very merry Christmas and REMEMBER HIM ALWAYS.
 
-Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment