This week was.... well, it was crazy to say the least. In good ways - in bad ways. I don't really know. It all started on Saturday
when we had our Bayonne exchange. My companion noticed this weird Red
circle on her knee. It kind of looked like a little bruise or something,
nothing too serious. Then over a couple of days it just kept getting
bigger and bigger. On Tuesday
morning we woke up and there was a HUGE red circle on her knee. It was
really weird looking. It wasn't a bite because there wasn't an entry
point or anything. It was hurting her really bad and it was hot, which
was super weird.
Tuesdays we have district meetings and we always meet
in West New York, so we walked 20 blocks to the church and it was
hurting her pretty bad. We were the first sisters there and there was a
group of elders with us, so you know they start making a big deal out of
it and my companion being the drama queen starts freaking out. They
were all like, "that looks bad! You've got some fluid in there! You're
gonna have to get that drained. Whoa, why is it hot? Go to the doctor!"
Etc. Thanks a lot elders. So then she starts freaking out and after
district meeting we called the mission nurse and told her what was up.
She got a little worried and told us to call the doctor. We called and
he told us to come in, so we had to call the zone leaders and get everything worked out to use their van because were in a walking area. It was
such a struggle. I definitely miss having a car.
Anyways, we had to go
down to North Arlington, which is actually in the Passaic area, so as
you can imagine, Sister Jorgensen and I were flippin out so excited to
head back to Passaic. We get to the doctor's office and the Passaic
Elders who took my place are there. So random. The new Elder got bit by a
tic. But we had to wait forever because we didn't actually have an
appointment. Dr. Thomas was just kind of fitting us in because were
missionaries. Anyways. We had to wait there for like an hour and Pirates
of the Caribbean was on the T.V. That was probably the most
unconsecrated hour of my life... Anyways. Get this. We get inside the
doctors office finally and the Dr. comes in and examines her knee and he
looked pretty worried. He explained to her that she had an infection in
her ligament and so she was gonna have to take some antibiotics. He
said if she didn't get a little better in 2 days he wanted her to go to
the Hospital and have a 24 hour I.V. so of course Jorgensen is freaking
out a little bit. Then, here it comes, the best part. He was like,
"yeah, I want you to get a shot of antibiotics before you leave." Sister
Jorgensen HATES shots. Even better. In the Butt. I was seriously dying
laughing. It was so funny. The nurse comes in with this HUUUUGE needle
full of juice. It was so funny. I was dying. I had to stay in there
because I'm her companion, I was just dying laughing. She was totally
milkin it too for the rest of the day. Pobrecita. After the appointment
we stopped by CVS to get her prescription filled. It was like a 30
minute wait, so we just went out and we visited this cute little old
lady named Rose who lives in North Arlington that was in our area in Passaic. It was so fun. She gave us girl scout cookies, so that was
fun.
Then for the next 2 days we were stuck in the
house. Jorgensen wasn't allowed to be walking on her knee. It was super
lame and kinda boring, but whatever. It was fine. I don't even remember
what we did. haha. Mostly just playing the guitar, looking at pictures,
hangin out. Making phone calls and what not.
We
have this cute girl in our area named Marisol and she is preparing to
go on her mission in December. We went over to her house and we studied
preach my gospel with her. That was fun. All of our mail goes to her
house because our apartment isn't in the safest area, so I got a package
from my mom of Halloween cookies, so we ate those while we studied.
I also got a fun package from my sister with Halloween treats in it. That was fun! We got that last night after conference.
Conference was awesome! We live 20 blocks away from the church, so we just hung out at the church between the sessions. On Saturday
between sessions we went out with the other Union City sisters and the
Elders and went to a Mexican place and had tortas and tacos. They were
super yummy and it was fun. Sunday
conference was great. There was a feast in between the sessions.
Hispanics always have food. One of the benefits of being in the Spanish
program.
On Saturday
night after the night session we went shopping with a family in our
area. They needed help carrying their groceries home. It was fun just
going and serving them. Service is the best.
I
am in regular contact with Marcial. He LOVED general conference. He
calls me Rebecca now because he loves my name. It's so funny.
That
is pretty much all that really happened this week. Next week should be
more interesting for sure. We're gonna hit the streets.
Love you all! have a good week!
PART 2: I left out one of the best parts of the week! I was feeling a little distracted while I was writing my other email.
On Friday we were back out on the streets and we went to go visit this active family in our area. The Hermano is actually a doctor, so of course he was just having a cow over sister Jorgensen's knee. He is an acupuncture doctor so he made her do acupuncture. He hooked her up to this weird machine and she was twitchin all over the place for like 30 minutes. It was so funny... Then he made me do it! It was so weird. He hooked up my neck and my hands and it made me twitch out so bad. We were laughing so hard. I have some pictures that I will send next week.
On Friday we were going to fast for conference, but of course everyone that we saw fed us. We saw 5 people, they all gave us food. Hugest fasting fail of my life. The Alonsos made us the BEST enchiladas verde I have ever had in my life though. And they made really really yummy pancakes for us to take home. It's the running joke now because everyone knows that pancakes are my favorite food. Then we went and saw this really weird family named in our ward. They are an older couple and they are seriously just so weird. WE LOVE IT! We just have to embrace the weirdness. She is always singing these weird songs and so we just go with it and we sing too, and dance weird. It's hilarious.. I'll get a video of it for y'all. She made us sit down in the kitchen and watch her make fish so that she could teach us. Then her husband was like trying to hook us up with their son. It was so weird. We loved it though. You just have to embrace it, ya know? They are basically hippies.
Acupuncture and weird Hippy Colombians. That is what we are about down here in Union City.
-Sister Clark
| |||||||||
Monday, October 6, 2014
Crazy Week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment