Hey family.... I just have to say I am really, really
frustrated right now... because I just wrote you all a really good
email that was like 3 pages long and super detailed and I spent like 45
minutes on it... then I spazed out or something and hit a button and it
all ERASED! I am so mad right now... ughghhghghghghghgh. Oh well. I just
have to try to remember everything I said. grr.
Hmmm. Well. I am so so so in love with my new area, but I've got to go in order of the story before I get into that.
Transfer Conference: Tuesday
morning we barely made it to transfer conference on time because I made
the dumb decision to start packing the morning of, then we got locked
out of our apartment, but luckily Beatriz came to the rescue and taught
us how to pick a lock. :) So anyways, we got to transfer conference
right on time on Tuesday,
and Sister Schaefer saved me a seat <3 We started off the way we
always do, singing "How Firm a fFoundation." I looooove singing that with
missionaries. Then we went into transfers. President started right from
zone one and went down area to area. We have so much fun. We can try to
guess where we're going, but were always wrong and it ends up being a
huge surprise. You hear your name, then shock runs through your body and
you shooot off your seat and wave at your new comp and everyone ooohs
and ahhhs and sometime screams and its funny. I am so interested to see
how it is in other missions, because here in the NJMM I feel like the
unity and love we have between all the missionaries is pretty unique. I
love it though.
But anyways. President starts from 1 and goes down the
zones all the way to 10. Most exciting 20 minutes ever. He gets down to
zone 3 and calls sister Schaefer's name. She shoots up completely
shocked. I HAD A HEART ATTACK!! SISTER SCHAEFER GOT DOUBLED IN TO WEST
NEW YORK! Everyone flipped out and started cracking up! I shot up and
gave her the hugest hug! Everyone was laughing at our reaction because
they all know we came out together and we are bffs and she is going to
the area I was born in. I am so excited for her. Then he kept going down
the line. He made it down to zone 8. As it gets further down the zones
it gets more nerve racking because your options start slimming down. I
was positive I was going to Lakewood which is in zone 12. Then out of no
where.... President pauses for a second, adjusts his glasses, then
gives me a look. Still pauses then he says my name. I stand up... then
he says sister Heule she stands up... Everyone was in complete shock. He
was calling us to the area Morristown, but that made no sense because
if sister Heule and I were going to Morristown, that would mean that we
were getting doubled in, which didn't make any sense... then he pauses
then calls sister Smedley. She shoots up with the hugest grin on her
face and turns around and gives us fives! Everyone oooohed and laughed.
President starts chuckling because of how confused everyone was and how
excited we were. Then he said with a chuckle in his voice "Sister Smedley
emailed me last week and told me how much she would love to have a trio
in Morristown, so here you go Sister Smedley" then we all laughed and
he moved on. I WAS SO EXCITED!!! This is going to sound weird, but I
really really wanted both sister Heule and sister Smedley as companions.
I was praying for companions like them and I was so excited to be in a
trio...
anywhoo... transfer conference ends and we get all of
our stuff into our cars.... It was embarrassing how much stuff I had. I
had 3 suit cases, 3 crate boxes and a laundry bag full of stuff. I am
accumulating stuff so bad, I need to start sending some boxes home. But
we had to use 3 cars because we had all of my stuff and sister Heule's
stuff and the other 2 cars that we were using had stuff too... PLUS
since were in Morristown, that means that people stay at our apartment
sometimes, so we had Sister Snow staying with us that night. She was a
temple square missionary who served here in NJ with us for 3 transfers
on her outbound mission but is now returning to her mission in temple
square.. So if you go to temple square, look for sister Snow, she is a
New Jersey Morristown Missionary :) Sooooo, we get all our stuff loaded
into our apartment then headed out to teach. The first investigator I
met here's name is David. He is 17 and from Mexico and so adorable. He
understands so much and soaks it all up like a sponge. So cute. I loved
him to death. Then we went out around Morristown. Funny story : we are
driving home from that appointment that night and I am in the front with
sister Smedley, she is driving, all of a sudden she just starts
screaming and laughing hysterically and pulls over. We have no idea what
is going on, then she just screams, and points "that spider is on the
inside of the car!" Then I see it, this HUGE spider crawling on the
inside of the windshield. We all start screaming hysterically and jump
out of the car on the side of a busy road.... Sister Smedley and I are
terrified of spiders, but sister Heule just jumped out and grabs her
shoe and smashes it. We were cracking up so hard. It was a great ice
breaker for us as companions.
I am having so much fun with these two.. We were made
for each other. We are so completely different but in the best way. I
haven't laughed as much as I have this week in my whole mission. It didn't
take very long for us to become best friends. Serving here in
Morristown with this trio with Sisters Smedley and Heule is quickly
becoming my favorite area and companionship. We are working like crazy.
It's amazing because we not only have so much fun together, but we work
so well together because we each have so many different talents that we
are just this powerhouse trio. We have some AMAZING investigators here. I
have fallen in love with everyone that I have met. We have 5 progressing
investigators right now and we have found some awesome people this
week. We are doing our 10 contacts a day really well. Last night around
8:15 we realized that we still hadn't done our 10 contacts so we just
looked at each other and without saying anything just hopped in the car
and drove to a busy street, hopped out and started contacting like
crazy. We contacted 15 people in 20 minutes then went home and got home
on time.... and they were like quality family contacts, too. It was so
awesome. We work really hard together and have really high expectations
of each other, which I love. We can almost kind of just look at each other
and communicate. It's weird. And we are super honest too. I JUST LOVE
THIS COMPANIONSHIP!! Can't even tell you.
On Thursday
we had interviews with president Jeppson, which was cool because we
live like 5 minutes away from the mission home... but anyways, it rained
all that day, so we had been out working our tails off in the rain so
we had interviews with rain hair and we just looked bad, then as we were
leaving, sister Jeppson pulls out these garbage bags, cuts a hole in
them and puts them over our heads. It was so funny. WE looked like
astronauts or something. Sister Jeppson is so cute... I am so excited
because we are taking her to go teach with us on Thursday night. It's going to be awesome. I love living close to the Jeppsons.
![]() |
| Me and Sister Webb. |
![]() |
| Me, Sister Web, and Sister Haddock. We had a zone lunch with the sisters on our last pday in PA and we had WAY too much fun taking weird pictures. |
![]() |
| We were doing this thing where you just make all these faces in a row then take a random picture of which ever face you happen to be making...I basically almost peed my pants laughing. |
![]() |
| I was about to take my last picture with Sisters Webb and Collins, but Sister Collins had something in her teeth that wouldn't come out so I had to help our out a bit. It was way funny! |
What else... oh yeah... Morristown is where all the
really rich people live, so our area just has all these huge houses and
it is so green! There are rivers and forests everywhere and our area is
huge! We cover a bunch of towns surrounding Morristown. The elders are
in actual Morristown because it's a walking area. We have all the areas
surrounding it and parts of Morristown... Funny story though, Snooky
from Jersey Shore lives in our area. I was dying when sister Smedley
told me that. We're gonna go find her. Get ready Jersey Shore.
There is this river right next to our apartments, so
for "morning exercises" we go and skip rocks. They are teaching me how
to skip rocks. It's so funny. It's not really exercise, but it gets us out
in the morning in the fresh air, and we usually run down to the river. I
love it. There is also this huge like meadow thing by our apartments..
It's beautiful. Morristown is simply gorgeous. I love it.
Fun thing about being in the trio, is that there isn't
very many of us, so people call us the trio, and they like know who we
are... we also get to do this thing called the triangle, which means
that we can form this triangle and cover more distance because I can see
one, then the one can see the other. I don't know if that makes sense,
but you can cover more ground with a trio. You can also get in to any
home because there are 3 women, which is a mission rule. You can't be alone with a man unless there are 3 women. It made it hard to teach male
investigators because you would always have to bring a female member.
With trios you don't have to do that. You can also do splits much easier
and do 2 lessons at once. Just send one in the companionship out with a
member while the other two go somewhere else. Basically trios=my
favorite thing in the world. Especially my trio. We were meant to be
companions.
Also, we have a baptism next Sunday!
I'm super excited. There is this incredible part member family and they
have been having so many miracles in their family. Two of the kids are
going to get baptized this transfer. They are both in their 20s and we
go over there to teach them almost every night. I am so in love with
this family. There is this phrase in Spanish that goes like this " me
cae bien" which means that you fit well with me. That's the only way I
can describe this family. They're so great.
Well, that's just about all I've got for this week. Next week expect lots of trio adventures! I love you all! Have a great week.
-Sister Clark
![]() |
| Me and Megs |
![]() |
| Me, Victoria and Megan. |




















No comments:
Post a Comment