 |
| NJ Pride |
I feel like it is always the same story on the last Thursday
night of the transfer... But somehow it is never any less exciting for
me. This transfer, both Sister Throckmorton and I felt like we had very
high chances of training, so we were super anxious.
 |
| The transfer text...dun dun dun. |
Every Thursday,
we hold a weekly planning session as a companionship, which normally
lasts about 3 hours. In this time we discuss every single investigator
and member that we teach regularly and we plan their lessons for the
week. We discuss our contacts that we had in the week and the people who
could potentially become investigators and we discuss ways to find new
people to teach. If you go to PMG (Preach My Gospel) chapter 8 you can read all about what
this planning consists of. It is kind of a long process, but it is
usually pretty fun. We can tend to get kind of restless and do crazy
things.... we also eat a lot. BUT on the last Thursday of the transfer
it is like 10x worse because we have to do the transfer planning. It
adds on another 2 hours to fill out all of the information in our new
planners and to plan all of the activities for the month and to
completely update the area book. Then after all of that planning, we
have to do TAC, which takes another 2ish hours. Basically we don't really
leave the apartment. So much fun though!
 |
| Me and Throcky during TAC right after we got the training call. |
In addition to all of that fun
stuff we have the trainer calls, which normally go out
on Thursday night because the Trainers meeting is almost always
on Friday
morning. We had just barely put on our p-day clothes to start cleaning.
Sister Throckmorton was in the bathroom. I heard the phone. We had
heard the phone go off 3 times that day already and every single time we
jumped to go see if it was President Jeppson. This time, I didn't really
feel like it could be him. I go and look at the phone and I saw the oh
so familiar 0.0 President Jeppson light up on the screen.... I think my
heart will race every single time. I answered, "Hello, this is Sister
Clark" "Hi Sister Clark, how is your TAC going?" "Oh, its going very
well President Jeppson, what can I do for you today?" "Well, Sister
Clark, I need to speak with your companion" "Absolutely President
Jeppson, please hold." Put the phone on mute.. die a little. Say a
gratitude prayer that I am not training... "SISTER THROCKMORTON,
PRESIDENT JEPPSON WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!" I scream at my companion
through the bathroom door. I don't hear anything.... then the door swings
open. She thought I was kidding.... I was so so serious. I showed her
the phone and she had a little freak out moment, then answers the phone.
She got called to train! hahaha so funny. I have now answered the phone
for 4 training calls for my companions. I am getting used to speaking
with President Jeppson on the phone. I guess I have just been blessed
with AWESOME companions! Who knows, maybe in 6 weeks he'll be calling
for me.... You never know. The suspense kills me.
 |
| Sheila and Me |
 |
| Beatriz, me and Wellington. My favorites! |
 |
| Paula and family. |
 |
| Sillies |
Other than that, it was a pretty average week. We went to the zone
meeting which was AWESOME! Our monthly focus is on faith and the STLs
made a cute planner cover for the zone goal. The zone goal is to one up
our Key Indicator scores every week. It's going to be awesome and a huge
test of our faith. Our monthly scripture is Moroni 7:33-34. So awesome, I
love it. After our Zone meeting, we had the hot seats for Elder
Christensen and Elder Romrell, who are leaving on Wednesday
:( SO SAD! I don't know if I have ever told y'all about a hot seat. On
the last zone meeting of the transfer, the missionaries who are going
home have what is called a "hot seat" where you put a couch on top of a
table and they sit up there and all the missionaries in the zone get to
sit around them and ask them what ever questions that they want about
their missions. IT is so FUNNY! There are always some quality stories
and great advice. I was super sad though, because this time my district
leader Elder Christensen was leaving! It's sad to see him go. He has been
my district leader for 2 transfers... I have only had 2 district
leaders on my whole mission, which is kind of strange... normally people
switch districts every 1 or 2 transfers. I'm just super BLESSED because I
have had the 2 GREATEST district leaders in the whole mission and I was
blessed to have them both for 3 transfers each. But, anyways they just
told awesome stories about almost getting jumped in Trenton by
gangsters, but escaping by the power of the word of God, casting out
devils, and of course lots of randomly naked people in the streets... New Jersey is insane, then you've got to have the most embarrassing
moments and the moments where you laughed the hardest with your
companion, I guess one of them peed their pants from laughing so hard
and the other one's companion broke a hole in the wall with his rock hard
bum. Good times. That is what a mission is all about. The good times.
 |
| Sheila, the recent convert of the Elders, making the tostadas for the mother's day activity. On Sunday, the primary invited all the Relief Society in for a lunch. It was WAY cute! |
 |
| The Presidencia and Me. I am going to miss these 3 like crazy. Best Relief Society Presidency I've ever seen! |
 |
| Hermana Cruz and me <3 |
OOOOOH MONDAY!! I can't forget about Monday.
Last Monday after emails, we had the FUNNEST p-day I have had on my
whole mission. We had a zone activity. The whole zone came down here to
Perth Amboy and we headed down to the beach to play Foosball...
Literally, one of the Elders found a broken Foosball table in a
dumpster so he took it home, fixed it and it is as good as new...
 |
| Elder Platt and Sister Collins, an intense game. Sister Collins couldn't handle the defeat. |
I am
amazed at some of the random things that Elders have. It was so much fun
though! We just brought the Foosball table down to the beach and
played Foosball and ate pizza on the shores of good ole Perth Amboy.
 |
| Look who it is! Hermana, Martinez, mi mama <3 |
Of
course all of us sisters headed down to the waters edge and wrote in
the sand and took some epic jumping pictures.
 |
| My STLs, Sisters Webb and Collins. LOOOOOVE them. |
 |
| NJMM Pride |
I think these are some of
my favorite sisters that I have ever served around, it's going to be
rough to leave them! I'm the only sister getting transferred in the zone.
Waaaaahhh :( We had a lot of fun though. I brought my guitar and Sister
Webb sang. She has an awesome voice. It was really fun to play the
guitar and take pictures and just chill with some of my favorite
sisters. The Elders were taking weird pictures... Like the little
mermaid and King Triton pictures... I think that is what they were
going for... I don't ask anymore.
 |
| I told you they were weird...this is pretty normal |
It's just always weird. hahahaha. Oh
elders. It was hard to leave when P-Day was over. We wanted to stay there
all day. Oh well, there is work to be done!
Celenia returned home yesterday from the D.R. and is ready for baptism soon! So excited for her!
It's
going to be so sad to leave all of our awesome investigators. We really
have some jewels down here in P.A., but I will keep you updated on how
they are doing and when they get baptized!
Well, gotta go! Love you all!
-Sister Clark
 |
| These dark babies are killing me. I want to steal them. Look at that hair! |
No comments:
Post a Comment