Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's My Last Week!

Hola!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT IS PDAY AGAIN!! It seriously feels like I was just in this TALL lab emailing you all yesterday. Time is so weird out here. Like... When I first got here, I would just look at my schedule and think... UGH, I am going to be here forever, six weeks is an ETERNITY. BUT here I am, with 4 days left. FOUR DAYS LEFT IN THE MTC. That is pure craziness. Time went by so fast.. But I am so ready to leave. I'm anxious to get to New Jersey and get to work. Its been fun Mexico, but its time to go!!

I hope these next few days go by fast. I'm getting way to excited. But I'm nervous at the same time. I'm so excited to call my family on Monday. I keep thinking about all the stuff that I need to tell you guys. It'll be the last time I hear their voices until I get to call them on Christmas. Hopefully by then Ill be really good at Spanish so I can impress them. On Monday. I don't think my Spanish will be that impressive. hahaha

So, this week was super boring. Nothing that exciting happened. We got to know our new roommates better, so that's pretty cool. They are really nice girls and it is definitely nice to have Americans. It makes me feel guilty that I'm speaking English so much though.. Whoops. Hopefully I am still worthy of the gift of tongues. :)

We got to watch the Testaments on Sunday though! It was awesome. It felt like an actual movie, not just a church movie... Not that church movies are bad... It was just fun to watch a movie that was actually good. We had really good Sunday meetings and Devotionals as usual. This week, we had another live broadcast devotional from the Provo MTC. Elder Anderson spoke. He talked about Love and Sacrifice. It was really good, as always. BUT GUESS WHAT!! I saw Hevynn!! On the screen, they showed her for like 2 seconds and I totally freaked out!! I was like, HEY, I KNOW HER!!

Ok, so funny story. Today is our teacher Hermana Arbon's Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERMANA ARBON!! Soooo, yesterday, I got this brilliant idea to heart attack her casa. So we went to the tienda and got some little sticky notes and I cut out a TON of paper hearts. Then I made all of the elders in our district write a birthday note on a heart for her. It was so fun! BUT, we didn't know where her casa was... So we had to be creepy and decided to ask another teacher... BUT, we couldn't find the teacher that we know she lives with... so then we really didn't know where she lived. But luckily Elder Anderson is a stalker and he randomly knew which casa was hers.... But we didn't actually know if she really lived there because we didn't have proof... Sooo... we just decided that we would heart attack the door, then doorbell ditch and see if it was teachers that answered the door, or missionaries. So, with this plan in mind, we started heart attacking the door. 
 
We heart-attached our Teacher's door. HAP[Y BIRTHDAY HERMANA ARBON!
There was a ton of hearts so it took a lot longer than planned. So we were in the middle of sticking the hearts to the doors when all of a sudden, THE DOOR OPENED!! It seriously scared me to death, and H. Schaefer and I nearly had a heart attack.. Like an actual heart attack. BUT, luckily it wasn't H. Arbon, it was another teacher.. But she screamed too... then she just kind of walked outside and shut the door, kind of awkwardly... And we didn't know what to do, so we were just like... "uhhh, hi were in Hermana Arbon's district and its her birthday tomorrow... sooo... uh, hi" Then she left. hahahaha it was super funny. But at least we knew for sure that teachers lived there. 
 
Ok, I don't remember if I told you this or not.. But about 3 weeks ago during gym time, everyone was playing volleyball. Someone shanked the ball, so Elder Anderson was running to get it and he jumped over a tennis net and fell and twisted his ankle really bad. It was super hilarious! We were all dying laughing because he looked totally ridiculous when he fell... But he hurt his foot really bad and he was on crutches for a couple of days, but then he started to walk on it like normal. When it happened, he went to the doctor, but the doctor was Mexican, so he didn't really understand what he was saying, so he thought his foot would be fine. But this week it was still hurting so he went to the doctor again, and this time it was an American doctor. The new doctor thought it might be broken, so he sent him to go get an X-ray. Unfortunately, his foot is broken, so he is going to have to go home for a few weeks before he goes out into the field. Its so sad! Remember to keep Elder Anderson in your prayers so that he might have a quick recovery and be able to enter the field with us soon.
I LOVE these silly elders.
I don't know why this is so funny to me, but on Sunday during lunch we had some brown pears. Brown pears are one of our favorite things! They're so good. Sister Christensen especially loves them. She decided that she had to have the perfect pair, not a weird tasting one. So she started with one, and she ate the whole thing, but apparently it tasted weird, so she went to get another one.... She came back with 4.

Sister Christensen with the pear tower. hahahaha
She said that she had to make sure that it was the perfect tasting pear before she ate the whole thing. So she took a bite out of all four of them then decided which one tasted the best and ate the rest of it. It was so funny though, because when we were cleaning up our table, we just looked in her cereal bowl where she had stacked all of the pears. It looked like a tower of pears. haha
PEAR TOWER

Also, I was like, super hyper on Sunday and I thought it would be a funny idea to try to convince H. Faw & Christensen that I have a tattoo. They totally believed me and were freaking out. They still think that I actually have a tat and they think that I'm going to show it to them sometime before we leave. Its sooooooo funny. H. Schaefer and I were cracking up after they left. I don't know how we both managed to keep a straight face.

Ok, now I have to talk food for a second... The food here is really interesting, but I'm going to miss it so much. It is so weird though, because lunch and dinner are kind of switched here... Like we have a huge lunch with desert and stuff, then dinner is like a teeny little piece of chicken or something. Its sooooo weird. But I LOVE LUNCH. We have fajitas almost every day. And I'm going to miss the rice... I don't know, the food isn't actually that good, but its like half way authentic Mexican food though... So it's good. Does that make sense? Probably not, but I don't know how else to explain it. Basically, its really good, or its really bad. On the really bad days, I just eat cereal... I eat cereal a lot. Its kind of disgusting. I am never eating cereal again once I leave this place.

I got to go to the temple again today! I love the Mexico City temple. It is so cool because you can't hear anything in the city once you enter the doors. Its cool to do sessions in Spanish too. I can definitely tell that my Spanish has improved since my last temple session. I understood a lot more. I also tried to look up new words in the dictionary that I knew they would use during the session so that I would recognize what was going on. That helped a lot.
Hermana Arbon and me at the temple this morning.

 
Elder Ludlow and me at the temple.

BUT, I am so excited to get out into the field on MONDAY!! I can't wait to call my family and I can't wait to email on my next Pday and tell you all about New Jersey! I don't actually know when my next chance to email will be. I know that I am missing the whole Pday on Monday because I'll be traveling so I think I will have to wait until the Monday after that. But I don't know, maybe I'll get to email you and tell you I made it.. hmmm. It is crazy to think that my next email will come from New Jersey. Its crazy to think that 'Im going to have an area to work in and I will be talking to real people and I'm going to have a new companion, hopefully someone who is very patient and will help me a lot with my Spanish and other stuff.
 
Well, I am running short on time because we went to the temple today, so that's all I've got time for this week.I love you all and I hope you have a really awesome week. Talk you all soon. Can't wait to begin my Journeys in Jersey!!

-Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment